
March has proved an incredible month. The title of this summary proves, I feel, to be a very accurate description of how I feel about it. The month began with the great and tender entrance of Truman Walker Smith. As family relationships continue to strengthen and lengthen, I have found myself taking greater enjoyment in the blessings of good health and the small particulars that show growth in everyday life. The bursitis has improved and I have stretched my running time to an hour. I have also found success finally coming in the academic disciplines. The quarter ended with a very positive reflection of the hard fought battle I engaged in within the classroom. But I have seen a noticeable transition in the greater attention and focus I am giving to my missionary preparation. I began a Temple Preparation course at church and continue to enjoy teaching Elder's Quorum, but without a doubt scripture study has come to be a very important part of each day. The real discovery came, however, on this very day March 29th, 2009. Having spent the weekend with Adrienne and Scott Berg, I was energized with good food and company and excited to make the long awaited discovery of my mission call. I opened the letter in the company of two wonderful front desk ladies and discovered my call to labor in the Hong Kong Mission, reporting to Provo July 1st, 2009 as I will be trained to speak Cantonese. I was stunned, humbled, grateful, excited, scared, tearful and wholly enthusiastic all at the same time. The rest is history. Thank you to everyone who has strengthened me and helped me to reach this incredible pinnacle of my life's journey worthy and able.
Love,
Paul Jr.
No comments:
Post a Comment