


Here is our first attempt at a posting. Isaac and Ben have abused me here at the office for my lack of technical skills. As they say on Saturday Night Live, "oh really". The fact that I have not posted on this site is not an indication of my lack of interest but rather an indication of my lack of computer skills, "Oh Really!".
As you can see in the pictures Tom was an Umpalumpa at halftime of the rubber chicken game. Ferris XC has a tradition of performing at half-time. I was sitting on the top row so the clarity is not the greatest. Tom is the tall one in the center of the line. Adam Thorn was in it too.
The next adventure of the month occurred when Ann and I went to visit Liz and Brad, Emily, Nate and Elle.
The weather was to die for. After what we had been through the last two weeks of December, 70 inches of snow, the warm weather was a pleasant break.
When we made the decision to visit we had to decide where to stay? If we stayed at a hotel or resort we wouldn't be able to spend as much time with the kids. We decided to make this a real road trip and sleep on the floor at the apartment and condo. A good decision. Brad and Liz had a nice blowup mattress. The only problem is that when either Ann or I got up the other would go down to the floor. It made for an interesting couple of nights.
Liz and Brad were very gracious in giving us the complete Pheonix tour: Cafe Rio, the Mesa temple, the shopping malls, the Biltmore and the movie theaters. it was nice to just ride around with the car window down and let the warm air brush over us. Brad showed me the various Walmarts. The photo shows Liz and Brad in front of Brad's sister's house.
At dinner on Saturday, i tried a juggling act with some glasses. I failed and the glasses broke. I only cut my hand in three spots. I guess I was not meant to be in the circus, at least not outside of any cage. "Oh Really!"
On Monday we flew to Southern California. Emily and Nate had prepared a great meal, not to mention the really great car we were picked up in at the airport. A really sweet ride. "Oh Really!"
Nate as always is very gracious and goes out of his way to be nice. We need a cook off at one of our next family activities. Tom thinks he is quit the cook, Brad does a mean salmon, Ben thinks he can cook like Don. we'll have to see who really is the best, "Oh Really!"
Elle was our roommate while in California. At about two in the morning the first night she woke up. Ann changed her. She then wanted to play. We had to explain to her that it was not play time. She went back to sleep. But for grandma's snoring I think she would have slept through the night. Nate, like Brad, was very good to take me out each morning for a run. One morning we went with Peter Vidmar for a run. I was ok on the flats and downhill. The uphill just about killed me. So much for trying to carry 225 pounds through the hills of California.
Seeing Elle after raising Emily is, well, "this is deja vu all over again". At least it seems that way when Ann and I see Elle. Elle was great and a good traveler. All I had to do was to keep moving. Emily is looking good. She is getting ready to deliver. The recovery should be a lot easier this time. Ann and I commented on how much we really enjoyed the trip and the time we were able to spend with everyone. You were all very nice and we appreciate the time you spent with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment