Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lucy’s first graduation


Lucy completed a month long swim course at our local fitness club. She made great improvements and was comfortable with the water. Although she completed the course without a swimsuit, we are working on it. There was no cap and gown or playing of “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” but we were proud nonetheless and celebrated the event. I would dunk her several times and she never complained. Didn’t cry once. Which is better than her Dad did when he was in swim lessons. Lucy also got her first two teeth. If she would hold still we could get a picture for everyone.

Both our parents this month were visiting family elsewhere and we looked forward to hearing about their trips. Thanks to everyone who sent along emails this month. I hope this blog post of ours summarizes nicely our past month so people can feel like they are “in the know”.

I am planning my first study group for this coming month. We will be discussing the aftermath of Prop 8. I have invited ten couples and assigned research topics for each couple. For my share I have been reading some interesting literature on the demise of the father figure-Fatherless America by David Blankenhorn. Excellent reading. The Church’s piece on the Divine Institution of Marriage from their newsroom website is the basis for the study group. I used the footnotes to make assignments.

This month was Stake Conference and so we visited the temple with the youth on Saturday.

I keep running a little and Emily plays a little tennis. I want to add some weight lifting because I think that has always been lacking from my personal training and look forward to maybe running a spring marathon with my brother Tom. Emily is also looking to spice up her fitness goals. We just borrowed a new jogger from friends-thanks to Whitney and Josh:)


No comments:

Post a Comment