


This April Spring has been a beautiful month. I never knew in coming to Chicago I would find the greatest pleasure in some of the smallest things. With increasing temperatures and larger amounts of sunshine, I cannot help but feel good things are happening. Interestingly, I say this at the same time I acknowledge my competitive running days have ended for the time being. After meeting with the doctor, we determined that, after a long hard fight, it would be best if I gave my body a rest. I have picked up swimming and cycling as a result and hope that what has now been termed chronic bursitis will disappear in the duration of my missionary service.
My academic work continues in strength. I have come to the conclusion, however, that as much hard work as this year has required, the next few years will be even more difficult. Fortunately, I have had many hospitable friends within the church to take my mind off the future and help relieve the stress of course work; I have enjoyed many Sunday dinners with them as well as Institute and General Conference. For the Saturday session of General Conference breakfast had been served at one person's home. I have and will continue to gain greater understanding of the challenges and opportunities that I will be given through my work here in Chicago as well as the adventure that awaits in Hong Kong.
These pictures were taken by a photographer during the Cross-Country season that I recently found; a nice tribute to the glorious gifts of competition.
No comments:
Post a Comment