Christmas in Pheonix was a treat! Brad and Liz were working hard when we arrived to get ready for the holiday. We stayed at The Grand Arizona Resort which was near Brad and Liz's place. Ben, Tom and I were able to start our Christmas training schedule. Up the mountain or along the canal each day. My legs were tired by the end but it was a good start. Too bad I did not get much stretching in after each run. I paid for it in February. Tom one night left for a 10 mile run along Baseline. Meredith turned to Ben in bed and said, I think you ought to know that your brother just left for a run. Ben came and told me. It was about 2:30 in the morning. I thought to myself, there is not much that can be done now. I will have to wait for him to return. When he came back he showed me his watch, he had run 10 miles in about a 6:30 pace. I was happy with the time. We talked about his leaving in the middle of the night for a run. He agreed that it was probably not the smartest thing to have done. At Christmas Brad and Liz were able to take some time off. We ate at a number of good restaurants. We especially like the Joe's Farm Fresh Grill in Gilbert. We got to do a lot of shopping and we saw two movies on Christmas day. After Christmas Nate, Emily, Elle and Truman showed up for a couple of days. It was fun the see them and the kids. The kids are getting bigger. The weather was nice, the company was good and it was nice to get away from Spokane for a couple of weeks.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Christmas in Pheonix
Christmas in Pheonix was a treat! Brad and Liz were working hard when we arrived to get ready for the holiday. We stayed at The Grand Arizona Resort which was near Brad and Liz's place. Ben, Tom and I were able to start our Christmas training schedule. Up the mountain or along the canal each day. My legs were tired by the end but it was a good start. Too bad I did not get much stretching in after each run. I paid for it in February. Tom one night left for a 10 mile run along Baseline. Meredith turned to Ben in bed and said, I think you ought to know that your brother just left for a run. Ben came and told me. It was about 2:30 in the morning. I thought to myself, there is not much that can be done now. I will have to wait for him to return. When he came back he showed me his watch, he had run 10 miles in about a 6:30 pace. I was happy with the time. We talked about his leaving in the middle of the night for a run. He agreed that it was probably not the smartest thing to have done. At Christmas Brad and Liz were able to take some time off. We ate at a number of good restaurants. We especially like the Joe's Farm Fresh Grill in Gilbert. We got to do a lot of shopping and we saw two movies on Christmas day. After Christmas Nate, Emily, Elle and Truman showed up for a couple of days. It was fun the see them and the kids. The kids are getting bigger. The weather was nice, the company was good and it was nice to get away from Spokane for a couple of weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment