Saturday, October 11, 2008

Autumn





Hello family,
As fall settles on it is important that we take the time to ponder the gifts life has to offer. I have found great pleasure and insight in my studies, but then applying that critical thinking approach to what life offers has proved even more meaningful. While my opportunities back here in Chicago are tremendous, there is no substitute for family, home, the gospel, and appreciation for the good things of life.
Along the same lines, here are a few pictures at Parkside, where our team recently raced, (I didn't due to Achilles issues that I am working through; the pictures will show a little more) I know Dad wanted to see what fall is like. Though this isn't campus, I'm sure campus will be similar, and I'll send more photos as they come. As for the economy and politics, I'll explain more in my email but suffice it to say, Politics is pandering, and I do not trust anyone with the answers. There are far more subtleties to the current crisis which isn't revealed by the media, nor openly acknowledged by leaders. The financial sector took steps with new financial instruments that were meant to alleviate risk, but coupled with interest rates and false security (by the government's backing of Fannie/Freddie) we are seeing something, though perhaps foreseeable, wholly unexpected to unwind as it has. But hope all is well, I love the pictures and words posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment